Temple Israel, 1896-1906
The modernist building of Temple Israel, on 44th and St. Lawrence Streets. After merging with B'nai Shalom, this also served as the synagogue of B'nai Shalom Temple Israel.
Herman Eliassof, The Jews of Illinois: their religious and civic life, their charity and industry, their patriotism and loyalty to American institutions, from their earliest settlement in the State unto the present time (Chicago: Bloch & Newman, 1901), pg. 365. Lawrence J. Gutter Collection of Chicagoana (University of Illinois at Chicago) ICIU. available at https://archive.org/details/jewsofillinoisth00elia